Veggie Summer Rolls
(makes about 12)
- 1 head butter lettuce , chopped
- 2 medium carrots, spiralized, or cut into match sticks
- 1 cucumber, spiralized, or sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 bunch of glass noodles
- Rice paper spring roll wrappers (I used brown rice paper)
- Soak glass noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until soft. Once soft drain and set aside.
- Place spring roll wrapper in warm water until it becomes soft (about 10 seconds or so). Remove wrapper and place on your work surface. I used a paper towel under my wrappers and lightly blotted any additional water on top of wrapper so they did not become too wet for rolling.
- Place your veggies and glass noodles on your wrapper and fold bottom portion of the wrapper over the veggies. Follow this with a full roll. Then fold in left and right side, and roll toward top of wrapper until you reach the end of wrapper.
- Let stand for a few minutes before eating.
- Serve with your favorite sauce for dipping. My peanut dressing is my top pick and the recipe can be found here http://www.naturallynourished.net/blog/category/sauces-dressings
Note: Try to keep your summer rolls for being stacked on one another as the rice paper can be sticky and cause the rolls to tear. These are great for lunch the next day and wrapping them individually in parchment paper will prevent sticking.