Supercharged Thumbprint Cookies
(makes 1 dozen)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of chia jam (get recipe here: strawberry-chia-seed-jam.html)
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond meal, hemp seeds, flax meal, and salt. Give a stir to mix evenly.
- To the bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir mixture thoroughly.
- Gently roll dough into 1" balls and place on lined baking sheet. Use your thumb to carefully press into the center of each cookie, making a little well for the jam to go.
- Fill each thumbprint well with the chia jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cookies to completely cool before removing from pan and storing.