Not only do strawberries offer us several vitamins and minerals, but the cacao and coconut butter featured in the chocolate filling are total superfoods. Raw cacao is rich in antioxidants and an excellent source of magnesium. Coconut butter is full of essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium, healthy fats, and lauric acid, which helps to boost the immune system and kill harmful bacteria and viruses. With so many benefits packed in this little treat, there is no reason to feel guilt when eating it.
Strawberry Chocolate Cups
(makes 6-12 depending on size of strawberries)
- Organic strawberries with hull removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup if keeping it vegan
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash strawberries, pat dry and hull center.
- Mix coconut butter, sweetener of choice, cacao powder and vanilla. *note- coconut butter may need to be softened if it is very hard/ solid. Also, if mixture seems too thick, you may need to add 1-3 teaspoons of non-dairy milk to help thin it out.
- Spoon mixture in a piping bag or plastic baggie with corner snipped off and pipe mixture into strawberry.
- Indulge mindfully