- 2 lg sweet potatoes or 4 on the smaller side
- 1 T grape seed oil
- 1 cup black beans, prepared
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 1/2 T oregano
- dash cayenne
- dash crushed red pepper
- salt to taste if needed
1) Preheat oven to 425. Wrap washed sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for about an hour (times will vary depending size of potatoes). Once potatoes are done remove from oven, unwrap, and allow them to cool until they are cool enough to handle. Cut an oval out of the top of the potato and remove that skin exposing the inside of the potato's flesh. Using a spoon gently scoop out potato, leaving about a 1/4 of an inch of potato to help skin maintain shape. Place removed potato in a bowl and set a aside.
2) Heat grape seed oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot add onion and cook until they begin to soften. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute more.
3) Add kale and stir well. Cook until it just begins to wilt.
4) Add sweet potatoes and all spices. Stir well to combine.
5) Add quinoa and beans. Gently fold them into potato mixture being careful not to mash up the beans too much. Once well combined, remove pan from heat.
6) Fill the potato 'shell' with the mixture. Place stuffed potatoes back in oven set at 350 and heat for about 10-15 minutes.