Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber. They are packed full of phytonutrients, which offer antioxidants, anti-inflammatory benefits, and support for a healthy liver. Limes are also high in vitamin C. In addition to that they contain a flavonoid compound that has powerful antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Coconut butter is full of essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium, healthy fats, and lauric acid, which helps to boost the immune system and kill harmful bacteria and viruses. Now you see why these are such a healthy treat!
Key Lime Filled Raspberries
- 1 pint of organic raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut butter ( I love Coconut Manna by Nutiva)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 2-4 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Wash raspberries and gently pat dry.
- In a small bowl mix coconut butter, lime juice and zest, stevia, and vanilla until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to either a piping bag or a plastic baggie with one corner cut off, and pipe mixture into raspberry.
- Enjoy these little gems right away or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Note: If storing in refrigerator the filling will harden slightly, but still tastes delicious.