One of my favorite companies to purchase smoothie supplies and superfoods from, Sunfood Superfoods, makes a yummy golden milk mix. I love this blend because it has the traditional ingredients as well as other adaptogenic herbs, and is sweetened with stevia instead of sugar. I like to add their mix to a warm mug of coconut milk with a little coconut oil or MCT oil, and enjoy all the benefits. While playing in the kitchen recently, I discovered a new way to enjoy this golden goodness. Let's just say when mixed with cacao, the flavors become a true dream team!
Golden Milk Cacao Bombs
For the Golden Milk layer:
- 2 teaspoons of Sunfood's Golden Milk Blend
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (My favorite is Nutiva's Coconut Manna)
For the Cacao layer:
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (both Sunfood and Nutiva are my go-to for cacao)
- 1 cup cocoa butter, finely chopped
- liquid steiva to taste (I wanted my chocolate a little more bitter and used about 18 drops)
- small pinch of sea salt
- In double boiler, melt cocoa butter, stirring frequently. Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, salt and stevia. Fill a chocolate mold or mini muffin liners about 2/3 full. Chill in refrigerator to set while you make the golden milk layer.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt coconut butter. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the golden milk mix. Stir well until smooth. Top the chocolate layer with the golden milk blend. Return to refrigerator until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from chocolate molds and enjoy! These keep best when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.