Creamy Tomato Quinoa with Pesto Roasted Veggies
For the quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 shallot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of salt
For the veggies:
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- S & P
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add all ingredients listed for the quinoa. Bring to a boil, stir well, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. When done, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While the quinoa cooks, toss the veggies with the oil and a little bit of salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on your baking sheet. Do not over crowd the sheet or veggies will steam rather and roast. Roast for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Note: I like to roast my asparagus separately, because it cooks quicker than the others and I cannot stand mushy asparagus! I still use 400 degrees, but only roast for about 7 minutes.
- Once the veggies are ready, transfer them into a medium sized mixing bowl and toss with the pesto sauce until evenly coated. Serve creamy tomato quinoa in individual bowls and top with pesto roasted veggies. Enjoy!