Buffalo Chick Sandwich
(Makes about 4 sandwiches)
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ sweet onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup vegan buffalo sauce (recipe here to make your own)
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 buns (I used buns without gluten to keep the recipe gluten-free)
Place garbanzo beans in a bowl. Use a fork or potato masher and mash beans up until they are in small chunks. Set aside. In a medium sauté pan heat grapeseed oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4-5 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds more. Add vegetable broth and beans and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid is gone, stirring several times. Add the buffalo sauce and stir well to incorporate in bean mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes more then remove from heat. Serve on your favorite bun.
Optional: Top with butter lettuce or your favorite green. Add vegan ranch to the bun or use as a dipping sauce. Click here for my Plant-Based Ranch recipe.