Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
(makes about 1.5 cups)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed, and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon water
- optional maple syrup
- Add berries to a medium size sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- As the berries heat they will release liquid and begin to break down. Stir and even mash berries to help them become smooth. Let them cook for about 10-15 minutes. If berries are still a bit chunkier than you would like, try taking a couple passes with an immersion blender to give you the consistency you are looking for.
- Add chia seeds and water and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, taste jam and see if it is sweet enough on its own. If needed, add maple syrup one tablespoon at a time until you achieve desired flavor.
- Pour jam into jar or other airtight container and allow to cool fully before storing in the fridge.
- Jam should keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Enjoy as you would with regular jam topping on oats, sandwiches, toast, cookies and more!