Mexican Hot Chocolate Chia Puddin'
(makes 5 full servings)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (or other plant based milk from refrigerated section)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (heaping)
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
Place both milks, maple syrup, cacao powder, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract and cayenne powder into a blender. Blend on high until all seasonings are well mixed into the milks. I find this to be better than mixing by hand when using powdered seasonings. Once blended, pour into a medium sized bowl. Add chia seeds and give a good stir. Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes. Stir again and pour into individual serving bowls or jars, to be stored in the refrigerator. Allow chia puddin' to chill for a bit before eating. These should last for about 5 days if stored in a well sealed container.